dimanche 16 novembre 2008

IVANA REZEK ::: RIJEKA, CROATIA

we don't know who wrote it but we say thank you !

RISK

To laugh is to risk appearing a fool.
To weep is to risk appearing a sentimental fool.
To reach out to another is to risk rejection.
To accept an invitation to another's life is to risk involvement.
To expose feelings is to risk exposing my true self.
To place my ideas, my dreams before the crowd is to risk their loss.
To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To hope is to risk despair.
To try is to risk failure.
And all those risks must be taken, because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing...
The person who risks nothing, does nothing, and ends up with nothing.
I may avoid suffering and sorrow, but I simply cannot learn, feel, grow, love, live... chained by my fears, I am a slave, I have forfeited my freedom for the sake of certainty.
Only a person who risks... is free.

Aucun commentaire: